On March 17, 2020, Alameda County issued a shelter in place ordinance which required us to close our brick and mortar to the public. I continue to follow all local, state, and federal guidelines in regard to covid-19 and reopening my business. Please reach out directly to me if you have any questions at email@example.com - Julie Harleman, owner
January 14, 2021
I have updated my appointments to allow for more options to shop. Now you can choose from virtual appointments or in-person fitting room appointments in 15 or 30 minute blocks.
Dressing rooms will be available for walk-ins in 15 minute increments, with priority going to appointments. No other customers are allowed in while dressing rooms are in use. STRONGLY recommend making an appointment through our online booking site
December 18, 2020
Statewide “stay at home“ orders have come through today, though that does NOT mean that retail is closed by any means. We should all be thoughtful and exercise great caution and respect mask wearing, social distance, and sanitization and reduce our time in public as much as possible. You may continue to shop, we follow all county and state guidelines. In-person capacity is reduced to 20% - no more than 3 people at a time in the store. From the state’s covid-19 website:
“All individuals living in the State of California are currently ordered to stay home or at their place of residence, except for permitted work, local shopping or other permitted errands, or as otherwise authorized”
For more information, please visit covid19.ca.gov
To ensure safety, local customers are encouraged to shop online and choose “in store pickup” as your shipping option. All purchases through December are eligible for exchange or store credit, including sale items, through January 15.
November 27, 2020
With the holidays arriving just as a third spike in cases of covid-19 is hitting, here’s what you need to know to keep things safe and sane while shopping this holiday season.
The duration of the pandemic has changed a lot of things about my shop, and the experience is going to be a little slower, a little smaller this year - I’m running things mostly solo and these are uncharted waters, so I thank you in advance for your patience.
Please read my tips for safe and sane shopping this year:
1. Buy online and choose in-person pickup. 4 person limit in the shop at one time, so expect to wait if you are planning on shopping in person, or make an appointment to guarantee time. It is much easier to browse online first to have an idea of what you like.
2. If you would like to use the dressing rooms, PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. While walk-in fitting is often available, I cannot guarantee that I will have time or space for use of dressing rooms. With an appointment, you are guaranteed 30 minutes for semi-private shopping with no more than 2 other customers in the shop at the same time. Appointments are available Wednesday through Friday and Sundays; Saturdays are reserved for walk-in shopping. Make an appointment online by clicking here.
3. To discourage crowds, I am not offering a Black Friday sale this year, but I am proudly participating in Keep Oakland Alive's Black Friday "Unsale" - prices are temporarily DOUBLED, you read that right, through KOA's local shopping platform - with the extra money being donated to Alameda County Food Bank. I encourage you to shop there this Black Friday weekend, but if you can't spare the extra cost, please place your orders with me directly on this site.
4. I have added holiday hours on Sundays from 12pm-4pm through December 23. We are now open Wednesday - Saturday 12-6 and Sundays 12-4.
5. Do not wait until the last minute!! I bought very cautiously this year, and the supply chain took a giant hit during the pandemic so there were fewer things to choose from from most of my vendors. If there’s something you like now, get it before it’s gone. If you are buying anything to be shipped, the last day for Christmas Delivery in the continental US is December 12 this year. There is no guarantee from any shipping services this year, but USPS indicates that anything shipped by Dec 14 *should* arrive in time.
Thanks for shopping locally! Please email or call if you have any questions!
September 25 Update
Hours are expanded! Wednesday through Saturday 12pm-6pm, and by appointment on Sundays. Appointments are available Wednesday through Friday as well. Saturdays are reserved for walk-in customers.
I have rearranged the shop to keep myself a safe distance from customers, while still being able to provide my expertise in denim fitting. I continue to exercise great caution and implement safety protocols to limit the chance of exposure to the virus for myself and my customers. It is safe and clean in here and the dressing rooms are now open! There are some types of garments you still can’t try on (anything that you have to pull over your head), but slowly but surely I’m finding ways to get back to “normal.”
I’m still not bringing in a lot of new inventory, but there is a lot of new stuff from Naked and Famous and Pendleton, as well as a TON of things on sale, and I am set up to do special orders through most of the brands I carry. So if what you’re looking for is not in stock now, chances are I can order it! I will also be bringing in Pendleton home goods such as towels and blankets.
Having a brick and mortar is where my heart lies and I am putting my energy into that instead of trying to scramble to get online, as counterintuitive as that may seem during the pandemic. For updates about the shop, please continue to check this site, or stop by the shop in person with your mask on and say hi!
AUGUST 13 UPDATE:
Technical issues have caused some hiccups with my appointment scheduling software and it was offline for several days. The issue has been remedied and appointments should be easy to book now. Head over here to book your appointment
AUGUST 4 UPDATE:
Continuing to move cautiously through opening, and my in-person hours will again be limited to Weds-Sat 12-4 with expanded hours for private appointments also available from 4 and 6 pm Tuesday through Saturday. If you would like to make an appointment and cannot fit into that availability, please email me and we can work out another time. All appointments will have access to deeply discounted clearance items that are not normally available on the sales floor.
JULY 15, 2020 UPDATE:
Another confusing couple of weeks for businesses here in the Bay Area as city, county and state health departments have been providing conflicting information about what is and is not allowed to be open. As of today, I am trying to keep more expanded hours in the brick and mortar and have begun allowing some limited walk-up shopping. Dressing rooms are to remain closed to the public, but are available for private appointments. An appointment is not necessary to shop, but for denim fitting, strongly recommended.